Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mobile Home Park Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
John Boutros
  • Investor
Votes |
A Triple Agreement in MHPs

John Boutros
  • Investor
Posted Jan 31 2023, 17:18

Hi MHP Investors,

Curious if you have any experience with the following scenario: 

We are looking at acquiring an MHP with seller financing. The seller of the park (owner 2) has a sellers note with the prior owner of the park (owner 1). There is some dispute with the current seller and previous owner of the park over back taxes on the park. 

In the effort of making this deal happen, has anyone gone into agreement with two other parties, to come to terms and create an agreement that can please both parties to make the deal happen? Essentially creating a new note with the seller (owner 2) and the original owner (owner 1).

Its a unique scenario my partner and I haven't encountered before. Curious to any thoughts!

Thanks,

John

User Stats

Votes
Mario Dattilo
  • Investor
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Naples, FL
Replied Jan 31 2023, 21:25

Not the exact scenario but I have had to work deals with multiple interest holders to put a deal together. Do what you have to and just be sure to protect yourself from any downside risk in the process. Good luck with it. 

User Stats

Votes
Will Stewart
  • Investor
  • MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • MA
Replied Feb 1 2023, 09:24

Hi John

It’s definitely doable. Just make sure you understand if there are tax liens and if so, how those get cleared (aka make sure attorney reviews everything). Situations like these can get you a property others might run away from. Let me know if you want to bounce any ideas off me 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Lender
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Feb 2 2023, 01:16
Quote from @John Boutros:

Hi MHP Investors,

Curious if you have any experience with the following scenario: 

We are looking at acquiring an MHP with seller financing. The seller of the park (owner 2) has a sellers note with the prior owner of the park (owner 1). There is some dispute with the current seller and previous owner of the park over back taxes on the park. 

In the effort of making this deal happen, has anyone gone into agreement with two other parties, to come to terms and create an agreement that can please both parties to make the deal happen? Essentially creating a new note with the seller (owner 2) and the original owner (owner 1).

Its a unique scenario my partner and I haven't encountered before. Curious to any thoughts!

Thanks,

John

1. Does the mortgage or deed of trust associated with the seller financed note contain a due on sale clause?
2. Is the dispute over property taxes concerning property taxes that have been paid or are property taxes still outstanding? 
3. Will the note holder confirm the principal note balance?
4. Are payments on the note current?

The answers to these questions will be a determining factor in deciding what needs to be accomplished to make a purchase viable via the owner financing route.

User Stats

Votes
John Boutros
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Feb 2 2023, 14:35
Quote from @Mario Dattilo:

Not the exact scenario but I have had to work deals with multiple interest holders to put a deal together. Do what you have to and just be sure to protect yourself from any downside risk in the process. Good luck with it. 

Thanks Mario, appreciate the 2 cents here. 

User Stats

Votes
John Boutros
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Feb 2 2023, 14:36
Quote from @Will Stewart:

Hi John

It’s definitely doable. Just make sure you understand if there are tax liens and if so, how those get cleared (aka make sure attorney reviews everything). Situations like these can get you a property others might run away from. Let me know if you want to bounce any ideas off me 

Hey Will, good to connect again. Thanks for your two cents. Good point, its a rock solid deal in terms of numbers, with clear upside, if can figure out a way to make it work would be ideal between two other parties.