MH/MH Park Investors - Dallas, TX

MH/MH Park Investors - Dallas, TX

Investor · The Colony, TX · Member since 2013 · 283 posts · 205 votes

Any mobile home or mobile park investors in the Dallas (DFW) area?  If so, lets connect.  Seems like there is a million single family investors in DFW but not a lot of mobile home investors.

2Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Canton, GA · Member since 2014 · 728 posts · 500 votes
6y

@Kyle Mccaw

Hello Kyle. No, I've been in the SFR world. I have also relocated from Texas to Georgia during the interval. I still like the MHP model, but there's only so much time and money to go around.

See this reply in the discussion

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2012 · 788 posts · 640 votes
    12y

    I invest in M/Hs with land, no parks yet. 

  • Frisco, TX · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hi,

    I am interested and actively looking to invest in North east TX and around DFW area for MHP. Lets connect...

    Thanks

    Mike

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Hi John, I've got several mobile homes on land on the east side of DFW. Nice income, and land banking to boot. 

  • Investor · The Colony, TX · Member since 2013 · 283 posts · 205 votes
    12y

    @Jon Klaus could you email me some info on the mobile homes you have for sale?

    Thanks

  • Jim JohnsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2008 · 355 posts · 324 votes
    12y

    I am not in town very often, but I own a mobile home park int he area and visit every few months. My park is close to Ft Worth, near Arlington. I am very investor friendly- fyi... 

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Would MH investing offer a better long term ROI when buying up the land base and renting that out? It seems like the depriciation of a MH, which is similar to that of autos would lower your ROI rather than it appreciating like SFH.

  • Jim JohnsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2008 · 355 posts · 324 votes
    12y

    I think owning the parks is a vary, very good long term return. That said- The Cash on Cash return generated off my mobile home deals is very hard to beat. On the bottom end I was at 40%, and well over 100% on the top side. The overall return was off the chart. If there was a downside it was you always needed to bring more online to replace the ones that were paying off. In general, they are both great investments. 

  • Investor · Canton, GA · Member since 2014 · 728 posts · 500 votes
    12y
    Hello Everyone, Tony here. I am in Denton and very interested in investing in MH, more so in MHP's. I want my own kingdom(s) to play in also selling HM's. I have a lot of business experience, and some real estate experience, but the MH really have my interest. Trying to figure out how to get my first one under my belt. Drop me a line. Tony
  • Investor · Boyd, TX · Member since 2014 · 688 posts · 467 votes
    12y

    I am in Wise County just West of Ft Worth and Denton.  I really like MHs on land for their affordability and great cash flow ability. I am not so keen on parks because I am a buy and hold investor and the parks I have seen are in lets say not the nicest neighborhoods. 

    All of my current properties are in Wise, but my parents and aunt have some doublewides on land in Tarrant and Parker.

    I am in the process of moving two smaller doublewides onto a piece of land I own.  One is a 28x40 and the other a 28x52 both refurbished repos.  I probably paid more than most MH investors would but I am looking at them for long term rental cash flow and they will be paid for in 5 years while still being able to throw about $100 each in cash out a month over expenses and reserve that I can either pay extra on the loan or use for other investments.

  • Financial Advisor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @John Hixon I have a small park north of Fort Worth in Bowie Texas. I have found the same thing in terms of lots of real estate knowledge in North Texas, but not a lot of folks with any back ground in mobile homes.

    I have owned the park since December and am amazed at how different the MH business is from SFH.

  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @John Hixon I would love to meet up. I office in Keller, TX. I own a small park in Denison. My firm manages it along with second.

    McCaw Property Management4.4907 Reviews
  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Tony Gunter have you made any progress on getting mobile homes? 

    McCaw Property Management4.4907 Reviews
  • Investor · Canton, GA · Member since 2014 · 728 posts · 500 votes
    6y

    @Kyle Mccaw

    Hello Kyle. No, I've been in the SFR world. I have also relocated from Texas to Georgia during the interval. I still like the MHP model, but there's only so much time and money to go around.

  • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Phillip Collie please provide details. I currently do not have an open space. But things can change.

    McCaw Property Management4.4907 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · FORT WORTH TEXAS · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @jim johnson, do you still have the park sir, and are you looking for any homes to fill it at this time???

  • Specialist · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2014 · 626 posts · 700 votes
    6y

    Hey all, if you dig up any larger parks that are not on the market, but could be acquired, I would be interested.   My partner and I own several parks in Arizona, and have interest in exploring surrounding states.  In addition, I have a good friend who owns a park in Dallas, and he would likely like to expand there as well.  Feel free to PM me.

  • New to Real Estate · FORT WORTH TEXAS · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Jack Martin Lets do business sir....I’m new, ready to learn & be financially stable

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.