Votes
Gary Miller
  • Staten Island, NY
Votes |
higher income investor

Gary Miller
  • Staten Island, NY
Posted Jan 15 2017, 11:18

Just recently got onto Bigger pockets looking for real estate investment. I am a physician, 59, and recently got out of financial debt associated with divorce and custody issues and am in a much better position at this time with excellent income but not much time on my hands.

I want to put the excellent income to good use in real estate and can take time away from some of my locums work at a cost. As with most people on this site, I am hoping to invest wisely so that I can reduce my work hours. The key for me is to invest in properties that may not particularly be at a great price but would involve minimal maintenance issues (perhaps using a manager), minimal rental issues and not be negative cash flow or minimal negative cash flow for a year so which would allow me to invest again.

Because of my high income and little time, it would seem to me to be worth paying more for better properties with low maintenance issues, better more stable tenants in an area that has a better chance for appreciation if possible.

From looking over the site, it appears that mobile home park investing could be a low maintenance type of investment if done right. Also, likely better multifamily or already rehabbed multifamily in an excellent community. Although I live in Staten Island, NY, I am open to investments in communities throughout the country that would meet this criteria.

I have started reading mobile home park investing by Dave Reynolds, have listened to biggerpockets webinars and biggerpockets podcasts (a recent one of which described the low maintenance of mobile home park investing) and have been reviewing internet sites to determine how best to invest my income wisely.

Any recommendations for networking with top notch professionals to help achieve this objective would be most appreciated. I have no problem hiring and paying for good work and advice. My experience has always been that when you hire and pay the best people, it almost always is worth the experience and avoidance of major headaches and time expense, something that is far more difficult for me to afford than money expense.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Loading replies...