Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Mobile Home Park Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Jewell
  • Investor
  • Bensalem, PA
Votes |
What would you do? Take a chance or run.

Jonathan Jewell
  • Investor
  • Bensalem, PA
Posted Oct 1 2017, 12:39

I'll keep this short and sweet.  Went to see a MHP this morning, got a call from one of my ads, and OH BOY, I have a story to tell..   Met the owner.  The guy is literally getting chopped up from diabetes.  Leg was just amputated just below hip few weeks ago.   Wants all cash, asap to pay off bills, set up some trust accounts and prepay funeral expenses.  The reason why I'm telling you all this, is because I asked if he could hold a note (this was before we met)  So there's no way this guy can hold a note.

Anyway here are the numbers:

Sale price : 866,000

74 spaces, 48 occupied
• No park owned homes
• Has both City water and sewer which is NOT sub metered
• 10 acres +/-
• Paved streets, off street parking
Rent roll, 48 x $275 x 12 mo. = $158,400
Expenses from what the owner has down is $62,809
.NOI $95,591

Owner showed me past 24 month bank statements.  These residents pay on time, this guy from what residents tell me is a tyrant when it comes to lot rent.

OK, now here is the REAL ugly part.  The park is HORRENDOUS.  Literally its something out of a horror movie.  Every single trailer except for 3 are dilapidated, or falling apart in some way.  It's like a third world shanty town.  Dog and dog **** everywhere, cars parted out and just sitting on the lawns. The street is the original paved street from 1980, When I was there there were a group of ppl ripping apart a trailer for "tonights bonfire" I mean I could go on and on just use your imagination.

So my question is.  What would you do?  Run, and say thanks but no thanks.   Hit em with a way lower price and say get with reality.  This place seems like it needs 500k in upgrades.  Lets sat he takes a lower price deal, these folks seem pretty happy with how they are living.  Spoke with a few, they love the place especially the low lot rent that includes everything.  I'm assuming if I start fixing up and the place, and implementing some new rules.  95% of these people will roll on out. Then I have zero income coming in.

Thoughts?

Loading replies...