Step by Step process for repossessing a Mobile Home in California

3 Replies

Well...it was bound to happen.  After fixing/flipping and writing notes on half a dozen mobile homes, we finally have our first non-payer.  So...I'm looking for the process to repossess the property in California.  Is there a step-by-step outline for this?  Can it be done 'self-help' style or is an attorney mandatory?

@Jeff Markowski You may want to talk to a few mobile home park owners and managers in your area. I'm sure some are familiar with the process. Also, your local manufactured housing association is a great source of information. They may be able to refer legal counseling services for this niche. Good luck!! 

@Jeff Markowski I don't know CA law, but an attorney consult should be well worthwhile.  

My best guess is that it would be handled like a car repo as mobile homes are not normally considered to be "real property", but "personal property" like a car or boat.  Your local laws will dictate though.

I was curious if you were able to figure out the process Mr. Markowski?

I'm located down in Oceanside and am looking to get started in the fixing/flipping and writing notes on mobile homes business. I was wondering if I might be able to talk to you offline or on this forum about the whole process? I'm looking to get all of my ducks in a row before getting started.

Thanks in advance.

JT Holmes