• Toledo, OH
Votes |
Mobile Home/Trailer Home

Ram B.
  • Toledo, OH
Posted Nov 25 2018, 11:31

Hi All,

Please answer the below questions regarding Trailer Homes and Mobile Homes:

1. Do we need to get a Environment Clearance certificate before buying a Mobile Home?

2. If the park has a Mobile home licence can we hookup a Trailer Home? Or do we need a special licence for this from City?

2. Are Trailer Homes Winterized to withstand cold winters in States like Michigan and Ohio. or Do Park owners have to take necessary steps to protect the Mobile and Trailer Homes owned by the Park?

Thanks in advance,

Ram

User Stats

Votes
Mike G.
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Nov 28 2018, 19:40
@Ram Batchu What do you mean by trailer home? Are you using mobile and trailer as one in the same? Just making sure I’m clear on what your asking. In the states for a park purchase your going to want to conduct a Phase 1 environmental test to make sure that the land is free of any hazardous waste contamination. Also for winterization there is many steps you can do if you own the POH. If they home are TOH then that is up the tenant. I know a lot of park owners use that insulation tape that helps around AC window units and in sealing windows etc.

User Stats

Votes
Ram B.
  • Toledo, OH
Votes |
  • Toledo, OH
Replied Dec 6 2018, 11:25

Thanks@Mike G for your response!

When I visited some mobile homes I saw RVs being used as a mobile home so I was wondering whether RVs need any special approvals from the local municipality/state to use them as Mobile Homes.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
William Noel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Dec 6 2018, 13:34

Hi Ram, 

You can usually get away with having a few RVs parked in MH lots. We do it from time to time. It depends on whether you like to ask for permission or forgiveness. For us, it often depends on our relationship with the city and whether or not we think they are looking out for RVs in mobile home parks (usually they are not!). Best of luck. Will

User Stats

Votes
Ram B.
  • Toledo, OH
Votes |
  • Toledo, OH
Replied Dec 6 2018, 14:55

Thanks Noel! 

Not just parking. They were being used as Mobile Homes. Can we use a RV as a Mobile Home?