[Calc Review] Help me analyze this deal - Small (45 units) MHC

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Ste. Genevieve, MO · Member since 2009 · 363 posts · 944 votes
    6y

    I don't know all the details (and that report does not give many of the essential ones) but I can tell you that the expense ratio will be far higher than 25% (more like 30% to 40%) and that the cap rate is far too low to interest most people. But there are many components to a deal other than just the price, such as infrastructure, age of homes, location and potential rent increases, so there may be much here that is positive that I just can't guess from that summary report. 

    Clearly you would NEVER want to buy a property that has negative cash flow and a negative ROI unless you have concrete steps to fix that immediately.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks Frank,  I would not consideR A  negative cash flowing deal.  The terms in the report are those provided by LA.  

    I am working on trying to understand the BP calculator and how to get more details incorporated.   I plan to develop an offer based upon a desired cash flow.  

    Rent rates and other value adds are topics I am interested in learning more about.

    The location is a good one and is experiencing good economic and population growth.  The homes are either privately owned or on a lease to own program.  The age of the untis are mostly mid 90s to mid 2000s. 

    warm regards,

    Rob

  • Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @ROBERT M KIRILA - without looking at the calculations, I can tell you right at the start there's a problem. You're buying at $45k per door and renting at $267/mo per door. Do you see the problem? 
    The listing says rents are below market. In your opinion, what is fair market rent? Let's start there.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.