Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Troy Pacella
Votes |
Rookie financing question - First property

Troy Pacella
Posted Jan 26 2022, 11:50

Long time forum lurker and podcast listener. Looking for advice on what route to take in order to finance my first property or two. I am looking for a long term hold that I intend to rent out. However, my situation is a little bit different and assuming seller financing is not an option here. 

I likely do not have sufficient tax returns at this point to qualify for a conventional loan, I have recently graduated and am now pending admission as an attorney - as a result my income has been limited to that of summer positions during school. House price is around 100k - I have sufficient funds to purchase the property however do not want to have all my eggs in one basket as they say. Not looking to BRRR this property as I want to start off slow and get my feet wet with an already renovated property despite likely paying a premium for doing so. Ideally my down payment would be between 20-30%.

Any advice in regard to financing or any general advice would be greatly appreciated. Any for anyone curious I am currently looking at both the Lexington, KY and Louisville, KY areas. 

Loading replies...