• Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Considering selling a property I have been rehabbing

Sam Leon
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted May 6 2024, 17:49

I have a property that I have completely gutted and have been rehabbing.  Progress is slow, because amongst all my properties it's the furthest away and between a full time job and landlording, I can only work on this property on weekends.

I have completed re-framing, re-plumbing of drains and supply lines and new electrical rough ins, but property has no finished walls, ceilings, or flooring.  The next stage would be to install sheetrock on walls and ceiling, waterproof bathroom walls and install tiles, finished flooring, new kitchen cabinets and appliance, install bathroom fixtures.

The problem is time.  I have other priorities that require me to put this rehabbing on the back burner, I am also at a good milestone in the process.  So I am considering two options:

(1) HIre a contractor to hand off to finish the project.

(2) Sell it as-is.

If I go with option #2, obviously it cannot be a normal sale as the property is not habitable in it's current state, so cannot be mortgaged nor insured. What are the best ways to find buyers that will be a good fit? I don't think finding an agent to advertise it as a "handyman special" on MLS will be fruitful.

Loading replies...