Inspection periods

2 Replies

I put in an offer and the seller comes back with zero inspection days. Has anyone seen this and how should I take it? Obviously I'm not going to buy a property without inspections. Anyone experience this? Realtors tells me seller is confident they can sell the house, since it has clear title, so they won't move one giving me days for inspection.

Thanks in advance for knowledge.

HUD does the same thing if an investor bids on the property. You can always push back and ask for a week or some such. But if its a sticking point, and its a good deal, do your inspections before you make the final offer.

In some sense what they're telling you is they aren't going to renegotiate the price based on your inspection. They may be aware of some issue they know is going to cause a problem when the buyer finds out about it.

It's possible they know there are issues and don't want you to find them. It's also possible they just don't want to tie up the property for a week and then risk you backing out. There's no way to know for certain.

My recommendation is to walk away if you're not comfortable forgoing the inspection...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.