Numerous Cracks in Drywall

2 Replies

I have found a house that I feel in my gut is a great investment considering the community. I would like to put this house under contract and wholesale it. I saw a lot of cracks in the drywall and the owner's representative did not try to hide the fact that the owner attempted to remedy the problem with jacks three years ago. The house is own a conventional slab. This home was completely remodeled in 2011. I live in the same neighborhood and know that shifting soil is common in MS. I want to know if any investors have bought such a home because I am planning on marketing it as an investment property.

Is there a transferable warranty on the work that was done?
If there is I would get the foundation company out to review the current situation and tell you if they will fix it or not.

I don't think there is a transferrable warranty BUT will ask. I drive by this property everyday and saw the current owner move in in 2011. The house had been completely remodeled at that time. Her health is failing and she needs to sell but said it will be 'AS IS'.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here