Double escrows/closings

2 Replies

How hard is it to do a double closing these days?

Does anybody have any info on how to use discount notes to buy property and do a double escrow to close the deal?

@Brian Dean

I find this can be done.. just depends on the closing attorney or escrow company... For me I always have my funds there to close .

although I have done deals were I never brought anything in to close and used the next buyers funds to buy my deal.. These were mainly subdivision deals were I bought from farmer ... got entitlements then sold to larger builder.... However I always kept my powder dry and was prepared to close if they tried to end run me...

I only had this happen to me once.. And it was in my Timber days. I had tied up a nice ranch up out of Spokane 1.5 mil price I got a bid to buy the timber for 1.2 on a timber DEED.. so I needed 300k to close.. And I would have resold ranch for 1 mil... Well the Log buyer from Boise went around me and just bought the timber direct from the owner and cut us out.. That was the only time in my 10 plus years of buying and selling Timber DEEDs that that happened.. My main buyer was Menasha out of WI and they would never have done that..

But live and learn

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.