Votes |
How Should I Structure This Deal?

J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorPosted Apr 21 2014, 09:18

Looking for advice/opinions...

I'll ignore the details in this first post to keep this simple, but assume the situation is this:

I have a property that I can control for 9 months (the seller is willing to do a lease-purchase, an option or anything else similar without me having to take title now), and I want to sell that property at the end of the term to a retail buyer (homeowner). The retail buyer I expect to find is likely to be getting an FHA or a conventional loan, and is very unlikely to be paying cash.

My concern is that a conventional lender may have an issue with the buyer taking over a creatively structured contract in my name, so I want to structure the deal in a way that will allow me to "sell" the property to the end-buyer at the end of the term with as little complication as possible.

How should I propose structuring the deal with the seller right now to make this as easy as possible to resell or assign to a conventional buyer down the road.

I'll post immediately after this one with more details on the transaction, if that matters...

Loading replies...