• Lender
  • Winlock, WA
Votes |
looking for lenders providing MLO services for seller financing

Kevin Romines
  • Lender
  • Winlock, WA
Posted May 2 2014, 14:48

I was a mortgage loan officer for 18 years until I went into the insurance industry 3 years ago. I have recently left the insurance industry to pursue my love of buying and selling real estate full time.

I have been working to find a lender that is offering services to the seller financer for the MLO underwriting piece so the seller is in compliance with Dodd/ Frank. I have found close to nothing out there, so I considered getting licensed as an MLO again, and maybe even opening a mortgage company again (owned one for 10 years), just to facilitate the compliance piece for the seller financers.

My preferrences are to work for a company, so I can focus my attention in the area's I want to work the most versus a lot of my time taken up with the administration and compliance parts of the business.

Does anyone know of lenders offering this much needed service? If not, I may take it on soon, as I'm in talks with one company, but looking for all options, so if you can help point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Loading replies...