RV and Boat Storage

7 Replies

I recently purchased the real estate that I had been renting for my business. It's an old car dealership with much more parking than I need. There is a 10,000 sq ft fenced in area and probably an equal amount of open parking. Does anyone have any experience with renting parking for RVs and boats? Would anyone, maybe someone who is renting such a space, be willing to share their agreement? Locally a space currently goes for $25 to $40 a month. It's currently sitting empty so any additional income would be a plus.

Bill,

First congrats on the purchase.

I would seek a local real estate lawyer to write up the agreement. Maybe the one you just used to close your deal. They will no best how to word the agreement for your area and also may know of others doing it. Also you will want to touch base with you insurance company to see how that will effect your rates. There are other things to consider also, Extra equipment you may need, owners access to there boats, security, Extra lighting, How to protect your other assets in case you are sued. etc.

Good luck

Syd

Bill,

If you're from an industrial area maybe expand your criteria to Semi-trucks/Straight-trucks as well. An owner of a large parking lot just a town over from mine has at least 50 trucks parked on his land. I know a few of the truck drivers and they each pay $500 every 3 months. Truck owners are always looking for a cheaper price to park their truck safely, if you keep the price lower than others you won't need an agreement with someone else. They'll come to you. This might not concern you but just a thought. Good Luck!

We're in a primarily residential area. Besides my tire business, there's a high school and a VFW in the immediate area. Everything else is single family or duplex homes. I'm sure I'd be lynched by the neighbors if there were diesels running day and night. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

Campers and boat trailers need more room to get around , 10,000 sq ft of parking isnt that big of an area. You may want to look into renting to a landscaper , or small contractor who needs outside secure storage

Matthew, that's a great idea. Far less work and one check to collect a month. I'll put some thing together on CL today. Thanks for a great idea.

After I check with the Boro of course.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.