How do I do my first deal?

2 Replies

so here's the scoop... I'm new to this and haven't really done a deal yet. I do have a few leads but just really am stuck there. Does anyone have any suggestions or any mentors out there looking for a hungry noob? How do hard money lenders work? How do I know I can make an offer and get financed? I have a ton of ?

Please respond

@Diego Anderson, you questions are too general. You need to be more specific. Your best bet is to work through the podcasts and spend the time learning. BP is a serious resource, but you have to be serious (and methodical) in your approach.

You won't really be taken seriously unless you are seen to make even a nominal commitment of your time, photos, a short bio, etc.

You can save yourself a fortune with all the info that is here, just for the taking.

Whatever you like to think about the property business and investing generally, there is a singular consistency with it, you have to work at it.

@Diego Anderson anyone can get a first "deal" done. But a lower % can get a Good or Excellent first deal done.

The difference is education... be careful with who you select as a "mentor" since many out there are just looking to separate you from your money.

Good books and forums such as Bigger Pockets can fill the need of a mentor, so do not limit your self for this.

The first 20 hours of reading about REI (real estate investing) will give the best ROTI (return of time Investment), since with out this you could potentially lose lots of money. Good luck

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here