You know its a small town when...

6 Replies

I'm investing in a small GA town outside of the Atlanta metro area. On Friday, my agent there mentioned that she had gotten a call from a high school classmate who wanted to sell a rental property they had. My agent said they shouldn't be behind on payments because her (the seller) mother was a retired school teacher and could help her out. However, they didn't have enough money to fix up the empty house either to rent it again or to get a good price for selling it.

On Saturday, my contractor said that the next door neighbor of the house I'm rehabbing, a retired school teacher, mentioned that her daughter had a rental property that they would like to sell and was wondering if I would be interested in buying it.

Updated over 4 years ago

That should read retired school principal in the second paragraph not teacher.

Business comes in from all directions. Sometimes local, out of state, even out of the country. You just never know. The critical part is picking what type of business you want to accept to maximize the ROI.

@Joel Owens I think you missed I posted this for a laugh since it is the same seller in both cases.

Oh yes I gotcha now............. : ) lol

It's a Sunday so my brain is dreaming of when NFL football starts back.

Continuing on the theme

You know its a small town when...

When a single investor owns most of the SFR rentals in town.

When you present your small development plan to the town's Planning and Zoning dept., and during the meeting one of the P & Z guys asks if I'd sell him the property because he use to hunt on it when he was a kid.

It's a small town when people looking for entertainment on a Sunday afternoon park at the bank to watch the time/temp sign change.

It's a small town when the only traffic light only flashes during the day.

It's a small town when the grocery store closes for lunch.

It's a small town when the back of the church is city hall.

It's a small town when the minister is the mayor and the justice of the peace and owns the real estate brokerage.

It's a small town when everyone is related or use to be. :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here