How to sell new construction in middle income area
Hey guys - I'm having trouble selling a spec house I recently built and was wondering the best way to market it. It's located in a middle-low income area with the average home price(used) being around 170-180k. We have ours listed for 269 so we're really at the top of the market which isn't ideal but it is comped accordingly. There's little to no new construction in the area so we're really appealing to a small audience that is willing to sacrifice location for a nicer house. Assuming the price is fair what is the best way to market this? Personally I feel newspaper advertising is a waste of money - I don't think too many people read the newspaper anymore and the ones that do are older and probably not who we are marketing to. Is internet marketing the only way to go? We have it listed on the MLS, have put up open house announcements on Zillow/Trulia/etc - I'm just wondering if we're missing something here.....We're also debating hiring a local relator but I'm not sure how much they could bring to the table...What do you guys think?