• Investor
  • Bethesda, MD
Votes |
Few questions on Short Sale. Please assist

Amir Saeed
  • Investor
  • Bethesda, MD
Posted Jun 12 2014, 09:57

I have a short sale prospect. This will be my first short sale. I have already started initial conversation with the lender on the loan. From reading and some experience looks like the lender will require a package from me (buyer and seller) requesting different documents. I will also be working with a Real estate agent.

At what stage the bank will be doing the appraisal. Would it be after the bank has the package from me or during the short sale process anytime.

The property needs lot of work. Basically I can call it a total rehab. I have also read the bank do offer sometimes discounts on the property value. E.g (not real numbers). If the property FMV is around 150K. I am looking to offer around 60K. If I can justify repair estimates of around 50K. This still leaves a difference of around 40K. Can the bank consider an offer of 110k on a 150K value property or I have to be exact with my offer FMV minus Rapirs.

Do you think its a good idea for me also to get my own appraisal done. If yes what value can it provide since I will be strictly negotiating on the bank BPO estimate.

Any tips would be appreciated...Thanks

Loading replies...