Victorville rental property

6 Replies

I am looking to purchase my first rental property here in Southern California. I'm currently dwelling on the idea of Victorville as home prices have seen a recent surge. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or experience in this area for a rental property.

Are there renters in Victorville? Where are some quality homes in good neighborhoods in Victorville?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

I am currently in contract on a duplex. There are renters and the market in Victorville is definitely low income.
Cash flow wise, the numbers do work, what I cannot predict are the tenant class/characteristics. I'll definitely keep you posted if things work out.

Good to hear the numbers are working out. Are you closing on a REO, Short Sale or standard sale? Is it the duplex that is making the deal a favorable deal? I'm looking a single family right now but have considered a duplex. I'm not sure what will yield the best cash flow.

I believe the duplex is what makes this rental property work. I cross referenced rental prices with craigslist and on rentometer and the prices for SFR needs to be "distress low" in order to at least make the 1% rule.

Victorville is a low income area, so a 2x1 averages around $700 while a 3x1 gets about $800. Not much of a difference in rent but a huge difference if you were to purchase a SFR. But luckily, I found a duplex with these exact figures for the price of a SFR.

Sorry forgot to mention, I am purchasing with 25% down conventional financing.

Originally posted by @Visal Nip :

I am currently in contract on a duplex. There are renters and the market in Victorville is definitely low income.
Cash flow wise, the numbers do work, what I cannot predict are the tenant class/characteristics. I'll definitely keep you posted if things work out.

Did Victorville end up working nicely for you?

Will you be interest in SFR? located in Apple Valley, 4/2. I owned it for about 7 years. Easy to rent out. You just have to do a good tenant screening.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here