Good deal for someone??

6 Replies

Found a 6 unit apartment (2-2BR & 4-1BR) in southeast Montana, closest town within 40 miles has in 2012, a population @ 2333 & median income in 2011 of $76000. 

Average annual rent collected in last 4 years = $30597/yr,  Taxes & Insurance $2620/yr, $ 8065 utilities/yr

I have no money therefore I can't do this deal, I would need 100% financing. Thus prob now a good deal for me, also I am a newbie and don't really know what I am doing.

Owner will replace all windows with vinyl and paint exterior and hallways. Carpets need replaced soon.    We can manage ourselves so don't need pm.

Any feedback?

FSBO asking $249,000

Very small market and likely local buyer only.

Mike

@Charlene Ball   with the market being as small as it seems, the seller has a limited audience of buyers. If he really needs to sell, you will likely be in the drivers seat on price and terms. Have you approached the seller about owner financing? 

@charlene 

@Charlene Ball  unless there's a stock exchange in Montana I don't know about I think their 6 cap offer price is way off. I calculated that using the 50% expenses rule. I'd pass unless you get get owner financing and a more realistic sales price. Will be a good exercise for you though if you get more concrete #s from them. 

Medium logo1Joe Fairless, Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever | http://www.apartmentsyndication.com | Podcast Guest on Show #227

Thank you all for the feedback.  I will keep you posted on my decision   doing more research

Charlnen

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you