How to start journey into being Realtor in TN from California.

4 Replies

I'm currently in California, I've never been a realtor.  But, I'm interested in getting into the biz as one.  I'm moving to Tennessee in 2 months and I know that area very well as I'm looking for property myself there.  Do you have suggestions on how I can start NOW while i'm still in California....to take classes or prepare to be a realtor, etc...so I can get the ball rolling now?  I don't want to wait until I'm in TN since I have 2 months now to get ahead....

Anyone ideas? Options?  Online classes?  References?

Thanks!

I think I'd take an online course and start talking to brokers in the area you are looking to move to. 

Welcome to BiggerPockets!

Do you have RE sales experience now?

If not, I would suggest checking out a podcast called "the honest real estate agent". It accurately describes the first steps in creating a successful RE sales business. Make sure the challenges of that align with your relocation plans.

Best of luck in the move and career change!

@Juliette V.  Hey.  I'm in Cookeville, 80 miles east of Nashville and 100 miles west of Knoxville.  Where will you be moving too?

Here's a link to the state's website for Realtors:

http://www.tn.gov/regboards/trec/

Also, go ahead and be telling everyone that you know (in both states) that you will soon be a Realtor and would like their business and referrals.

Since you are familiar with TN.... what towns or communities are affordable to buy in--but yield good rentals for high ROI in middle tennessee? Got any ideas?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here