Flipping townhouse

8 Replies

I am flipping single family houses and now decided to buy one cheap townhouse to make money on renting it out because i do not think i can sell it back with any profit. I am buying it for 22k plus put in about 3k in remodel. I hope i can rent it for 800 a month. Any advises on that?

Is it apart of a HOA? If it is be sure to account for how that will impact your monthly numbers.

On the surface a 25k all-in renting at $800 per month sounds like a good deal though.  Are you confident in your rent comps at the $800/mo?

Hi Vera,

If there is a (HOA) review the restrictions/requirements and find out if renting is allowed.

as long as the association fee does not hurt you this is a good deal.   Definately a keeper in my market!

Originally posted by @Michael Noto:

Is it apart of a HOA? If it is be sure to account for how that will impact your monthly numbers.

On the surface a 25k all-in renting at $800 per month sounds like a good deal though.  Are you confident in your rent comps at the $800/mo?

No any fees. No HOA. Is personal property.

Originally posted by @Tom Reynolds:

Hi Vera,

If there is a (HOA) review the restrictions/requirements and find out if renting is allowed.

No any restrictions on renting property.

Originally posted by @Michael Noto:

Are you confident in your rent comps at the $800/mo?

Iam not sure I checked in rentometer.com. recomended renting price was $790 or less. May be I must make it $750

Screen your tenants really well. Better to have a fabulous tenant paying $750 than a problem tenant paying $800. Congrats, sounds like a great deal!

Originally posted by @Judy Rodriguez:

Screen your tenants really well. Better to have a fabulous tenant paying $750 than a problem tenant paying $800. Congrats, sounds like a great deal!

Do you think as less payment as better tenants I may get?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here