What bank would you recommend?

2 Replies

Hope I'm posting this in the right forum, if not, please don't be angry, I\m new here.

New to US. What bank would you recommend for day to day transactions in Austin Texas area: which has lesser fees, enough branches and ATMs, and a good customer service.

Thanks for your time.

Vasily I do not understand your question.

Are you a citizen here or do you mean you are thinking of investing here but live abroad??

What banks charge will depend on the size of the bank and how much money will flow through your accounts with them. At certain minimum size levels banks will give varying perks based on what type of business they are trying to attract.

Your question is so broad so it's hard to answer. Trying to get banks here to finance loans for overseas investors is very difficult. Not many banks want to do it and usually will require you hold all deposits there.

I live overseas. I'm going to come to US in the middle of autumn to purchase an investment property. I'm trying to understand what better bank to pick in Austin Texas area to transfer my funds to. My relative lives in the area (she is a US citizen) and she is asking me which bank should she open an account in to receive my funds, because I cannot open a bank account from overseas myself. (well at least I don't know about that ability). 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.