Dallas Market: Good For New Flippers?

8 Replies

For those of you who do business in the Dallas area, how are market conditions right now? I'm interested in getting involved in flipping some properties, but not sure what to expect. I anticipate starting out using MLS listings looking for bank owned properties who need some work. Is business good now or are deals scarce?

There are deals out there. I'm not sure you're going to find a lot on the MLS though. Reason being is that Dallas has record low inventory right now...less than 2.5 months. So, it depends on what your target property & neighborhoods are. As usual, there are more deals in less desirable neighborhoods. Of course, exiting those deals will be more challenging. On the other hand, there are some areas where the property will basically open the door for itself on the back end, because there is such high demand.

If you have direct access to the MLS, you might have some luck. If you're using an online service, the deals will probably be gone, before you have a chance to write an offer.

Dallas has a lot of REO;s that is off the market.

Joe Gore

I think your about 12 months too late for that plan in DFW

I don't think it is too late. Don't count on MLS as your deal source, though. Market for your own deals. Search BP for "yellow letters".

@Jon Klaus  I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction with the yellow letters.

@Joe Gore Can you provide some tips as to how a new investor might can locate these off market REO deals?

Thanks everyone!

@Joe Gore 

I can't find where to send you a PM. Can you PM?

@Joe Gore 

I meant can you PM me?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you