how do I do a TEXAS lease option Assignment step by step / And where do I get the lease option assigment for texas ?

7 Replies

New to lease option Assignment can some one explain how to do the assignment. The stuff on youtube does not show the TEXAS LEASE OPTION ASSIGNMENT AGREEMENT.

And know one covers the Assignment agreement fully on youtube Its all very vaque.

Can some one walk me thru the assignment details step by step in layman Terms.

And where can I find  these agreements especially the Texas Lease option Assignment agreement.

John Jackson is the goto guy in Texas for lease options. He can be found on youtube and he has two websites I know of but you can easily find him on YT or Google. He has all the contracts needed to do just about everything for L/O in Texas. And he knows the law better than most attorneys unfamiliar with the change in the laws.

@G W.  @ G...oh whatever....the assignment don't change because you are in TX

Just the contract and verbiage...

Aren't lease options basically illegal in Texas? There are some strict rules to follow with severe penalties.

@Shanequa J.

No, lease options are not illegal in Texas. They are now regulated more so than in the past and the penalties for violating the regs are severe, but L/O's were never made illegal.

I meant to say the Assignment DOESN'T change..

There are many goofy rumors about LO's in TX because the requirements are written into Title 2 CH 5 which also covers contract for deeds.

The 2 main items for LO's are the seller must have fee simple title and if there is a mtg the seller must give the buyer the mtg info, and send an auth  to release to the mtg company, so the buyer can verify the payments are made.  

ok i have a house that im gitting under contract with now,in hopes to find a buyer i can assign my contract too now.but the buyer will be a quilifide tenant buyer family.

and i told seller i would find a tenant buyer. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here