Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Tim C.
  • Investor
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
Crowd-Funding vs. self Investing is it comparable?

Tim C.
  • Investor
  • Queens, NY
Posted Aug 3 2014, 08:22

If you can find +9% cash on cash and +18% total IRR via crowdfunding would it be better than doing R.E deals yourself since you back out the time and effort factor to take a few % points less. I wanted to see what other thought about crowdfunding R.E.. there are many good cash flow + high IRR investments with a click of a button, vs looking, planning fixing, managing investments, funding.. ect. Plus, one can get started in at a lower cost per project .. especially if you are in high priced areas where R.E projects run 500k+ for something just decent. I'm in NYC ( Queens ) and its really hard to find good cash flow R.E. I have been thinking long and hard and find Crowdfunding as a viable alternative solution .. I have limited time, my own capital is under 300k, I have a full time job, have two young kids.. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat. I just wanted to see what others thought .. can you build a portfolio via crowdfunding to mirror physical R.E investment returns? I am seeing very good deal flows..stuff normal people can not get access to ( self storage, mobile park homes, hotels/extended stays in the shale belt states. apt complex in hot areas ( TX, ATL ) .. just to name a few. I am almost ready to jump in with both feet.. just pausing for a deep breath before the leap. Curious to see what others think. Thanks!

Loading replies...