Columbus Sheriff Sales Every Friday

3 Replies

Wondering if any fellow investors have attended or even bid from the local Columbus Sheriff Sales. It seems like a deal on the higher end properties in Dublin etc...

I may attend this next one coming up. I would appreciate any ones experience

@Hai Loc  

I've never been but heard they are competitive. Are you looking to flip? I actually have clients looking in the area

I'm unable to make it this week, but would love to hear about your experience. 

Keep us posted!

Thanks 

Steve

I've been and noticed that the banks like to control the auction for their properties.  But don't let that hold you back.  The auction terms/conditions in Franklin county are excellent for investors.  I'm serious, get involved!!  Go to 3 or 4 of them, and then start checking out the deals 2 days before they go to auction.  It's intense, but if it's your thing, you'll love it!  

Good luck and keep us updated.  Make a blog! If you don't I will! :)

Phil

@Philip Cutting

Great enthusiasm.. I mean they are asking for a starting bid of 2/3rds of appraisal. But you are unable to look at the condition inside the house and are on your own in terms of title search. Those are the only things that I am worried about but with 6 figure spreads and the intangibles of a hot neighborhood it may be worth the risk. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you