Delaware Home Inspector Recommendation?

5 Replies

Does anybody have any recommendations for good home inspector in New Castle County, Delaware?  I just had my offer accepted and it seems like the inspector I used 7 years back when I bought my home has retired.

I read a book that said it might be good to use contractors since they can point out repairs and give prices (hopefully they know all the codes though).

Great Luck.

@Greg Wake   That is a good idea.  Unfortunately I haven't made a good solid relationship with a contractor yet.  I was looking at the profiles of inspectors at Amerispec and they have a couple of former contractors.  Hopefully they still have a feel for estimating work or even willing to do side work for a good price.  

@John Climino,

I'm a Realtor in the area. If you still need the information. I will pull the name or a respectable inspector for New Castle County. I'll be in the office tomorrow and will have a name or names by the afternoon. Under my profile has my website and information to contact me. 

John 

I forgot to mention. You also must retain the services of a licensed home inspector or contractor. I'm not a lawyer but I must keep up with these changes. This change went into effect August 2013. 

View the following http://dpr.delaware.gov/boards/homeinspector/

@Sean Brooks Thanks for offering your help.  I actually found a really good inspector, Shawn Thomas from Amerispec.  He did a very thorough inspection and offered a lot of advice he's learned from managing his own properties.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.