• Investor
  • west seneca, NY
Votes |
phantom houses

Mark Elliott
  • Investor
  • west seneca, NY
Posted Sep 2 2014, 05:23

i have a question regarding phantom houses. i have bought and sold a few phantom houses. most of the time, i find it easy to find the previous owners and make a deal. usually, this involves a trip to the city or county record of deeds office. lately, i have found a few of these houses, but doing my research, i have uncovered nothing regarding legal action by the banks that are foreclosing. i have one house i have had my eye on for over a year, yet the bank hasn't even started the first step in foreclosing. the people have moved out, but that was in 2009. the bank isn't even paying the back taxes. no foreclosure proceedings have started, no judgement of foreclosure, no release of lein, nothing. 

another house, the owner moved out about 4 years ago. i know the bank is having a company called " corilogic" pay the taxes, but there is nothing in the record regarding starting foreclosure, no foreclosure judgement, no release of lein, nothing. 

my question to anyone who may know. " what is going on here"? are banks just simply kicking people out and doing nothing with these places? i know they sometimes drop houses for financial reasons , but usually you see some sort of foreclosure started and then a release of lein so the bank has no liability on these houses, thus creating the " phantom houses". 

anyone have any idea what is going on here and how i might get the bank to deal with me on a house that they no longer want? any info would be greatly appreciated.   thank you

Loading replies...