Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
offering to buy on a SFH. any ideas on offering some type of ,other than money, compensation to the seller?

Account Closed
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Sep 30 2014, 10:47

heres what im looking at:

-house listed @ $45,000

-on market for 60 days

- i want to offer 28k-31k cash, no financing or inspection contingencies other than the walk through im gonna do this evening. i intend to hand over the offer to the selling agent at the walk through.

- blue collar area however within walking distance to a nice upcoming entertainment district highly sought after by people my age ( mid 20's)

-needs a good amount of work (something i do myself and enjoy) and someone seeking a mortgage likely wouldnt qualify due to current condition so this is pretty much investors only.  current owner inherited the property and is living in it, looking to sell to move closer to their work on the other side of the city ( according to selling agent). I do not use buyers agents as i prefer to do my own negotiations, and since sellers agents have a bigger monetary interest of getting the deal done ( they dont have to split the commission)

im going to assume the seller wont easily consider my offer it due to it being too low even though the sellers agent said he has only had 1 other person walk through the house so far. what if i offer to let him stay in the house for up to 3 months rent free after the sale so he is not rushed to find a place? cost would be low for me, taxes and insurance are pretty minimal.

anyone else ever offer to let the seller stay in the house for a bit free of rent as an incentive to sell? maybe i could offer to help him move when the time comes? may sound dumb but anything else that I can offer other than money?

Loading replies...