county recordes office and recording NOD

4 Replies

I have heard that some people can go to there county recorders office and find out when a NOD was recorded on a house, How do I find this bc when I go down to the recorders office they give me a a funny look but when I go on line there is company's that have a pre foreclosure list. any information would be greatly appreciated.

You can find when a NOD was filed on a particular property at the courthouse, or online if it's available. If you're looking for a "list", maybe not.

I have talked to a woman who works for a title company and she told me that when they get posted out side with the date for auction is when the NOD is filed.

But one time I went and talked to one of these home owners and she said she was 2 years behind on her payments. How could I have found out a year and half before this house went to auction. When does the bank start filing a NOD and how much time do I have?

Would love if this thread came alive again!  I would like to learn more information on this subject.

Medium final 01Kyle Grimm, Oakridge Property Group | 217‑242‑4877 | http://oakridgepropertygroup.com | MO Agent # 524541936

This is also of great interest to me. I have purchased the monthly subscription for court records online access, but can't seem to quickly find the information I need. Anyone else have information on this?

202681‑4357 | http://SinaSolutionsLLC.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you