Marketing ideas

7 Replies

I'm a bit of a new flipper. I use craigslist and yard signs with some success to generate buyer interest. What else is working for everyone?

Direct mail, driving for dollars, handing out business cards at REI meetings, going to REI meetings, and networking on social media. Are you looking for homes to flip or someone to buy a home you have already done all of the work on? Depending on the market/price you are either looking for another investor to rent it out or a retail buyer. If retail I would talk to a Realtor or use something like postlets.com to get it out there. If you are selling as turn key to an investor then you could always look at who has been buying those type of homes in your area in the last 6 months.

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)

Hey Gabe!

I know we use a lot of mailers to find sellers, however to find buyers that requires a different strategy. I have found that networking on bigger pockets can help, I have read lots of stories of people closing deals through connections they made on here. Another strategy you might want to try is using a variety of listing sites, like Redfin.com or FSBO.com. Lastly, you might want to find a data provider that can give you information on individuals who own more than one property with high equity. These are your consistent buyers. Then just start calling them. Hope this helps!

Rob

Networking with potential buyers is a good way (particularly for wholesalers, but for flippers too). Sending out mailers to people in the neighborhood is another. And I believe there are services that allow you post your property on the MLS for a small fee without paying a listing agent, so if you can spare the 3% plus small fee, that's something to consider.

Thank you guys! Good tips. I'm on the right track and what you shared will help me move faster. Thanks again.

This is great, thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.