Licensed buyer disclosures with a motivated seller

4 Replies

In Texas, when we buy or sell a property we must disclose that we're a licensed real estate agent.

I was also told by one of my instructors that if a seller wants to sell their property for under what it's worth, as a licensed buyer we must disclose the potential value of the property. Ex. Buying a 75k house worth 100k.

Any licensed real estate investors experienced a situation like this? How do you document that you have disclosed this to the seller?

I don't think the disclosure needs to be made as to a dollar value to an expected price, how would know, you could give an estimate and say more or less. These disclosures are a good idea, especially when you are buying but in any sale where there is a distressed sale.

I suggest you ask your broker for the specific disclosure if you have a license.

You said instructor, so I assume you're not past the exam yet, you aren't a licensee and you have no disclosure requirement, yet.

Just because you might say "Mr. Jones, in the right market conditions, where there might be a willing and able buyer, having sufficient knowledge of the property and market, where bot of you deal in good faith, after having this property exposed in the market for a sufficient period of time, with consideration being paid in its cash equivalent it is then possible that this property might sell for $100,000.00, but my signing below, you are agreeing to sell today, without any other conditions being required for $75,000.00"

What's so hard about that? :)   

Find this thread an informative one, can help the folks aware about licensed buyer.

Originally posted by @Bill Gulley :

I don't think the disclosure needs to be made as to a dollar value to an expected price, how would know, you could give an estimate and say more or less. These disclosures are a good idea, especially when you are buying but in any sale where there is a distressed sale.

I suggest you ask your broker for the specific disclosure if you have a license.

You said instructor, so I assume you're not past the exam yet, you aren't a licensee and you have no disclosure requirement, yet.

Just because you might say "Mr. Jones, in the right market conditions, where there might be a willing and able buyer, having sufficient knowledge of the property and market, where bot of you deal in good faith, after having this property exposed in the market for a sufficient period of time, with consideration being paid in its cash equivalent it is then possible that this property might sell for $100,000.00, but my signing below, you are agreeing to sell today, without any other conditions being required for $75,000.00"

What's so hard about that? :)   

I just got my license last month but it's still in inactive state.  I'm still in the process of finding a broker.

But that is a good way to disclose the situation!  Thanks!

Originally posted by @Richard Collins :

Find this thread an informative one, can help the folks aware about licensed buyer.

Agreed richard!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.