Closing properties from interesting locations - let's hear 'em!

5 Replies

I know some of us travel a good bit, others serve overseas, others invest out of state/country and have never signed a closing in person!

Let's hear some of the interesting locations that you've closed properties from.

I'll kick it off...I've closed most of my properties from a small town in Northern British Columbia.  This always makes things fun if/when a notary is required.

A couple of weeks back, I closed on a rental from Prague.  Unfortunately, this closing required a notary - so it was off to the US embassy to have this arranged.  The closing was completed on my end from a corner pub, enjoying cheap pilsner to celebrate.  It couldn't have been better.

This week, I'll complete a closing from Vancouver, BC.  Fortunately, no notary required.

Let's hear some of the interesting locations that you've closed properties from.

Another rental closing completed this week from a sweet AIRBNB apartment in Yaletown Vancouver, BC.  Nothing exotic but another on-the-road closing...gotta love the power of the internet & dot loop :)

Would love to hear of some of your stories of closing on properties in odd locations!

Closed about 8 in the same local Russian-ran shipping / notary / lottery / mail boxes / money order location. Witnessed at least two verbal fights in front of me. Once a Russian lady who didn't speak any English insisted on having her money gram receipt before she paid for it, and there was a fight between the notary and the lady in two different languages, and they don't understand each other at all. 

Oh yeah I went to all these closings with my double BOB stroller and two young kiddos. Let's go stay-at-home-moms! Once I closed on 3 properties on the same trip. The old Russian Gentleman behind was so mad that he had to wait he started kicking my stroller.

The store looks like this. 

@Nazz Wang  Wow, great story! 

I've yet to close a property in person...some day...

Closed the place I'm in, in the living room...

AFTER the seller and I chased a cow out of it!

12k cash. The house, the barn and three acres, seven and a half miles from ANY town.

The cow was not included, the 'neighbor' came and walked her home.

It last appraised over 100k but I'm sure I'll stay here 'til 6 strong neighbors tote me out in a box...

Great story, @Tom Lane   Would have been great to have a photo of that cow in your house - frame it and put it on the wall!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here