Value of Home Security System and Home Warranty

2 Replies

Any opinions among the BP members about the "real or perceived value" of including a Home Security System AND Home Warranty as added incentives in a rehab sales package? I'm sure the answer varies according to geography and for context I invest lower SES neighborhoods where "safety and crime" are real concerns for potential buyers and/or renters. It seems to me that for a fairly minimal cost you can add both monetary and non-monetary value. Many thanks for your insights!  

301-651-3595

Security System:

SimplySafe provides a pretty good system that works off wireless, so you can use it at a property and then take it with you when you leave since there is no hard-wiring required. AND there is no contract like traditional alarm companies require. 

Just be aware that every security system provider I've dealt with has an indemnity clause in it that requires the homeowner to pay the legal fees for the alarm company should a party sue the alarm company as it relates to your house...ie. a burglar breaks in to your house, is startled by the alarm and cuts himself severely, then sues the alarm company. Frivolous as this suit may seem, the homeowner pays legal fees for the alarm company. 

Home Warranty Company:

I use Home Warranty of America because the offer 13 month coverage as well as seller coverage while home is being marketed.  

Guy, thanks very much, I appreciate your input! 

301-651-3595

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.