how to guide selling agent

8 Replies

I'm interested in a property in Worcester MA but the Agent doesn't have the basic expenses for water and sewer and electricity because there is a new owner who can't provide that info

Mlc info is all online for Worcester including water bills.

What is the size of the property?

@Eric Bowlin  I got it, the CML certificat Municipal Lien ( I hope that where you were guiding me)

sorry. In my head I called it 'municipal lien certificate' instead of cml

Are you buying cash or using a commercial loan?

If going the financing route the lender is going to want to see the buildings income  expenses. You would need to track down the previous owner and get the records from that person.

I agree with @James Wise  . Worcester is a little different though. Their CML is online and just pressing a button instantly gives a CML for closing. Banks will accept this as history of expenses for taxes, water, and sewer. It goes back 3 years I think.

if we were to go for it, we would need a commercial loan

unfortunately the cml doesn't provide the water+sewer amount it's all zeroed out. beside the lender i personally would like to have this info to determine whether or it's worth pursuing.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.