Michigan- CPA for tax return

2 Replies

Does anyone have suggestion on who I can reach out to for assistance with filing my 2014 tax return? I previously have done my own returns in the past, but with several real estate purchases over the past 12 months it's time for a professional to take over. TIA.

Matt

@Matthew Cole  

Don't feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us have clients located all over the place. The majority of accounting/CPA tasks can be completed remotely, including preparing and filing tax returns. Consultations and meetings can even be done remotely utilizing a video chat service such as Skype.

Be sure to find an accountant that fits your needs. Some accountants will simply perform accounting/tax services. Others will step it up a notch and provide a "complete package" and really act as a trusted advisor for your business.

If you are set on finding an accountant/CPA local to you, contact your state board: https://www.360taxes.org/CPA/Find-a-CPA-in-Your-State

If you have any questions, or if there is anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to connect and ask.

As for an accountant do not feel like you need to use someone local. Many of us accountants have clients worldwide. Payroll, bookkeeping, etc can mostly be done remotely.

Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa

Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.

If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.

For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.

So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.

Feel free to ask here if you have questions.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here