GREATEST TIME OF THE YEAR TO BUY AS A REI?

3 Replies

Ok BP family……. What is the best time of the year to buy as an investor? Thanksgiving/Christmas, in my opinion offers an excellent time given the fact that most Americans are spending money on gifts, etc, tax season offers returns to potential home buyers so what is your perception or history on the perfect "season" to purchase for you and what alters this in comparison to my perception? 

Best time is anytime!

In seasonal weather areas, snow, between Halloween and Thanksgiving. They usually want to move before snow hits and winter sales slow, they may well be stuck to Spring.

After Thanksgiving, that crunch time to sell is seen differently, if other motivations exist it may be a better, but, OTH, families usually decide to have Christmas where they are if they can. If you aren't on a contract around Thanksgiving, you may well be moving during the holidays and that might be in the snow too, not a good time to move. Fewer must sell, but there are sales during all seasons. :)

Medium logoscopiccroppedblue2Bill Gulley, General Real Estate Academy | https://generalrealestateacademy.com

I have found that there is very little competition for reos during the holidays. I love to shop for houses when everyone is distracted with Black Friday. I have enough televisions.

Sorry for the delayed response and thank you both!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you