• Real Estate Investor - Internet Marketing Professional
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
I Need to Make More Offers!

Austin Faux
  • Real Estate Investor - Internet Marketing Professional
  • Denver, CO
Posted Jan 23 2015, 07:06

My wife and I have been making offers on a weekly basis but we're not doing them often enough, or fast enough.  The most we've ever made in one week was four.  We found those through driving for  $$$, and Craigslist calls.  I need help finding ways to be more efficient.  We're almost 3 months into this by the way.

Here's our current system, and by the way my wife is a stay at home/homeschooling mom.

Mornings

Every other day in the morning my wife looks through Craigslist and finds properties for me to call on lunch.  The next day she looks through our listsource.com list and the people we couldn't afford to send letters to this month she finds some that I go and knock on their door at lunch.  If they're home we talk, if not I leave them a letter.  While my wife is looking for properties in the morning I do a little bit of marketing.  I put out things on Craigslist, or I work on our website.

Mid Day

While I'm on my lunch break I call the properties or visit the properties my wife points out.

Afternoon

If I find a motivated seller I enter their info into our client tracking software.  Here is where we start running into issues.  Our setup is that my wife would pull comps, run numbers, and write out an offer that we would email to the motivated seller.  The problem is we don't do this because at this point in the day my wife is juggling the kids and the offers sit in our queue for too long.  

Sine the offers are sitting in the queue my wife instead of finding me properties to call on during my lunches is running comps, running numbers and sending out offers.  

Evenings

I get home have dinner spend an hour or so with the kids, and we put them to bed.  But by the time we get the kids in bed we're both exhausted, and though we both work on offers, we don't feel like we're getting enough out there.  

Saturdays

We go all out and drive for $$$, knock on people's doors from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm and then we call properties from about 6:00pm - 8:00pm.

Are marketing budget is only $200/m but I'm doing somethings to increase our budget dramatically.  We should be able to see improvements in our marketing budget as early as Feb.  But any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...