Advice for Military Member interested in a Turn Key solution

Brandon Tahincioglu
  • Investor
  • Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Posted Jan 23 2015, 16:38

Hello Bigger Pockets!

I'll cut right to the chase so here are the facts:

• I am in the Coast Guard.
  • I have one rental in the State of Maine for the past 1 1/2 Years which used to be my primary residence.  I have been doing well and the experience has been great.
  • I now live in NJ.
  • I have no debt other than the mortgage on the rental, and I have disposable income to invest.
  • I have no qualms with being an Out of state Land Lord, what matters to me is a good opportunity.  Anything I buy will end up being out of state in time due to Transfers.
  • I want to utilize the buy and hold method as the primary way to invest, but I am open minded.
  • I would like to purchase properties in the 30K-60K price range... for now.
  • My skill set is in the Electrical field.

Those are the facts about my situation, so here is my Question:

Moving every 2-4 years has certain disadvantages to the game of Real Estate.  To overcome these disadvantages I have been looking into Turn-Key solutions.  What advice can the community throw my way to help overcome the biggest challenges I have?

1.              1. What markets do you recommend?  The reality is my fishing net is pretty wide.  I am not tied down to any one place.
  2.              2.  Should I even use Turn-Key?  It seems to be heavily debated.
  3.              3.  Building trust and finding a good property manager.  I know they are not all bad, does anyone have suggestions.

I know that my fishing net is too wide, but because of my circumstances, i am starring out into an ocean of opportunities and need to narrow it down to only one fish.

Thank you in advance, and I am appreciative of all and any advice.

Brandon

Loading replies...