DMV Meetups???

14 Replies

Hello Investors,

I'm always looking to grow my network, who on bigger pockets are apart of real estate meetup groups in the DMV???

Havent found one in NOVA yet. Think its time to start one....

what is the DMV?  

@Arlan Potter  it is the DC, Maryland and Virginia area (DMV).  When I first moved here and heard it on the radio, I asked myself why his he talking about the Division of Motor Vehicles, lol and then I figured it out.

Originally posted by @William Randolph :

Havent found one in NOVA yet. Think its time to start one....

There are a couple - one in Fairfax and one in Reston.  I haven't it made it one yet, but I should be able to make the Fairfax meeting next month.

Hi @Damon Marshall  

Here are two. The first I haven't had a chance to attend and believe is free. The second I have attended and comes at a charge but I felt it was definitely worth it for the knowledge and networking opportunities:

About Capital REI
We are a group of real estate investors of all experience levels in the D.C. region. We meet monthly to discuss real estate investing, exchange different strategies and approaches to a real estate investment business.

Join us on Facebook

Washington Real Estate Investors Association (WREIA)

http://washingtonreianetwork.com

Next Meeting Invite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wreia-feb-meeting-unu...

Hole this helps!

Damon,

I am the Co-host of Capital REI Group that meets in Fairfax. We meet once a month. It's been a little more than a year since our inception. Come check it out. I'll connect with you and send you an evite when it is ready.

In the meantime, join our FB group here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/CapitalBP/  We are quite active.

Roger

@Roger Lin  I am also new to real estate, and will be purchasing my first buy-and-hold this year. I live in Centreville, and would love to attend the next Fairfax meeting. I am considering getting my real estate license, and my main interests are multi-families and wholesaling. I look forward to connecting. 

-Carson

@Roger Lin I have been to a couple of the Capital REI meetings in Fairfax and recommended several colleagues. The speakers and topics are focused and relevant and networking is great.

The BWI meetup group is worth going to also. I went specifically to hear about tax sales in Baltimore and got a great understanding of the process from @Ned Carey's presentation.

Since you are in baltimore definitely check out the BWI Meetup. A lot of BP Baltimore regulars area also regulars here too. This is my favorite group and I am the virtually every month. 

Also check out the Real Deal Meetup, Baltimore REIA and MARIA.

@Kiara Walters   thanks for that info, I am going to try to make the event on Monday.  I think I got on the dlist for the DCREI group but have not seen anything about a meeting anytime soon.

Anytime @Sonya Stovall . Hopefully I will see you there! I think they sent out a reminder today. 

Folks, the Capital REI Group meeting has been scheduled for March 25. Please see evite for details. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here