Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Siapin
  • Investor
  • Brea, CA
Votes |
What's my next adventure? Buy some 4plexes?

Daniel Siapin
  • Investor
  • Brea, CA
Posted Feb 3 2015, 17:50

Hi All, I'm new to BP.  I've lived in SoCal my entire life, and don't plan on changing it.  My wife and I are aggressive investors by nature, and we want to take it to the next level.  We have some nice assets that I want to leverage OR sell, then upsize our investments, then turn them into my full-time job (and our new home).

This is what we have:

1) We own a SFR outright (sell around $430k OR borrow $300k against it)

2) Our primary residence (make $160k if we sell OR borrow $60k against it)

3) Own a small tree service business

4) Residential development site (that $ is tied up for a couple years)

After getting mortgage pre-approvals, running scenarios and numbers, I realize I have around $400,000 to play with.  I want to make that my full-time job.  I figured 3 possibilities:

First Thought: sell both SFR's and aim at purchasing 2-3 4plexes in our area in need for some beautification (preferrably north orange county (Brea, La Habra, Fullerton, Placentia, Yorba Linda, etc)).

Second Thought: borrow against both properties, and find 2 mirroring triplexes (or 4plexes) in need of some help. I figured this would be a 6-plex and I can avoid a commercial loan (higher interest). In addition, I'll have both SFR's to rent out, and cash-flow nicely. I do realize that this plan may require me to sell SFR's, but if I can hold on to them, I'd be better off in the long run.

Third Thought: ask BP!!!!!!

If all goes well, my plan is to gift my tree business to my brother, then just pay attention to my REI.

Loading replies...