Hubzu wont let me choose "buyer pays" for cash closing

2 Replies

I am bidding on a hubzu property and plan on paying cash.  When submitting a bid you have to chose if you are paying CASH or MORTGAGE LOAN.  When I select cash it only offers the SELLER PAYS for title services.  BUT if I chose MORTGAGE LOAN it allows me to chose BUYER PAYS or SELLER PAYS? Has anyone else noticed this?  I read some forum posts about people bidding cash on HUBZU and being able to chose their own title company.  I cannot seem to make this happen.... 

I've only picked up one deal of hubzu and that was back in june.

I submitted the bid with financing and didn't even think to use the option for me to pick the title company. Then my realtor told me how bad their title company really was and we were able to convert it to buyer pays after I had already signed the contract.

Just be sure to do it right away. I don't think they really care. But I would strongly recommend it. From the experiences my realtor has had with them, they're a nightmare trying to get to closing using their title company. I think their title company is some offshore service that is not very responsive or good.

its well worth the minor costs to have your own title company do the job right. No issues and it'll get done much closer.

I would call them up and confirm that you can switch to your own title company if you are awarded the house.... But based on my recent experience, the answer is yes.

I would be happy to assist and answer any questions you may have.  Please send your contact information to [email protected]  I look forward to your response!  - Keith, Hubzu Customer Care

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you