Iowa FSBO?

4 Replies

Good morning! Have any of you investors in Cedar Rapids used IAHomesForSale.com?

We have decided to sell the house we live in and move into our 'flip' house... I just listed our house FSBO on the above website, but was wondering if anyone has had success in the past using it?

Thanks!

I have never listed a property with them before, but I have gotten 2 deals from it.  I do know it's a highly viewed site so hopefully you'll get a lot of response.

We sold our house last summer with Iahomesforsale. Took about 3 months and we got the price we wanted/even a little more than what realtors we had come by said we could without the ridiculous 7% commission - we didn't get the traffic in terms of serious showings that I thought we would have but I like their search function better than the other FSBO sites (you can search easily by school district) and their pictures were pretty good. We did get most inquiries/people coming to open houses from Zillow/Trulia/Craigslist etc. Should be easier now though that the banks have eased up on down payment requirements. They had also had a deal where they paid $1000 for buying a property with one of their agents, but I don't know if they're still doing that. Good luck!

About a year and a half ago I jokingly listed my house on there and thought "if it sells it sells" and within 30 days we had a solid offer. The house was priced above $400k, and I was very surprised they had customers that wanted to buy in this price range.

@Thomas Fosnaugh   & @Justin S. thanks for the information! Similar to you, Justin, our house is priced above $300k and I know there's always little movement in that price range. I suppose I'll just keep my hopes up. I figure tax return time is a good time to sell a house, no?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.