Comments made by prospect tenants or potential buyers that landlords or flippers hate most

3 Replies

I have interacted with many prospect tenants and home buyers when showing my rentals and flips because I know it helps me keep in touch with what tenants and buyers want.  But I have noted a trend on their first impression comments that hit me in the gut every time I hear them.  I am sure every one haves them, here I list mine:

1. Is this the only property you have? (With disappointed face)

2. Do you have another property at X place?

3. Are you ok with pets? (With ad stating that no pets allowed?

4. Are utilities included?

I can list a few more bit will like to here if anyone else haves some good once.

Off the top of my head:

- Do you check credit?

- Do you check criminal record?

- Do you check for eviction?

- Is it all-electric (when ad stated that tenant is responsible for water, elect and gas)

- I've never had my own place before, so, I don't have any landlord references (48 yrs old)

- Do you care how many people live here?

- I want you to change this and this and this and this and this.....

- This little scratch on the wall needs to be fixed, and there's a smudge at the door...

- My W2 only shows some of my income, but I make much more in cash in another job that I have and no, it doesn't show on my tax return.

- I'm a dancer and we get paid in cash and don't have any proof of my income

- Do the cops know how to find this address?

@Michaela G.  Thanks for the good laugh

How about.

-some girl lied to me about her age many years ago so I am a registered sex offender. Is this a problem?

*throws out buy and hold book and picks up J Scott's book on flipping*

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here