I have interacted with many prospect tenants and home buyers when showing my rentals and flips because I know it helps me keep in touch with what tenants and buyers want. But I have noted a trend on their first impression comments that hit me in the gut every time I hear them. I am sure every one haves them, here I list mine:
1. Is this the only property you have? (With disappointed face)
2. Do you have another property at X place?
3. Are you ok with pets? (With ad stating that no pets allowed?
4. Are utilities included?
I can list a few more bit will like to here if anyone else haves some good once.
Off the top of my head:
- Do you check credit?
- Do you check criminal record?
- Do you check for eviction?
- Is it all-electric (when ad stated that tenant is responsible for water, elect and gas)
- I've never had my own place before, so, I don't have any landlord references (48 yrs old)
- Do you care how many people live here?
- I want you to change this and this and this and this and this.....
- This little scratch on the wall needs to be fixed, and there's a smudge at the door...
- My W2 only shows some of my income, but I make much more in cash in another job that I have and no, it doesn't show on my tax return.
- I'm a dancer and we get paid in cash and don't have any proof of my income
- Do the cops know how to find this address?
@Michaela G. Thanks for the good laugh
-some girl lied to me about her age many years ago so I am a registered sex offender. Is this a problem?
*throws out buy and hold book and picks up J Scott's book on flipping*
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!