Comments made by prospect tenants or potential buyers that landlords or flippers hate most

3 Replies

I have interacted with many prospect tenants and home buyers when showing my rentals and flips because I know it helps me keep in touch with what tenants and buyers want.  But I have noted a trend on their first impression comments that hit me in the gut every time I hear them.  I am sure every one haves them, here I list mine:

1. Is this the only property you have? (With disappointed face)

2. Do you have another property at X place?

3. Are you ok with pets? (With ad stating that no pets allowed?

4. Are utilities included?

I can list a few more bit will like to here if anyone else haves some good once.

Off the top of my head:

- Do you check credit?

- Do you check criminal record?

- Do you check for eviction?

- Is it all-electric (when ad stated that tenant is responsible for water, elect and gas)

- I've never had my own place before, so, I don't have any landlord references (48 yrs old)

- Do you care how many people live here?

- I want you to change this and this and this and this and this.....

- This little scratch on the wall needs to be fixed, and there's a smudge at the door...

- My W2 only shows some of my income, but I make much more in cash in another job that I have and no, it doesn't show on my tax return.

- I'm a dancer and we get paid in cash and don't have any proof of my income

- Do the cops know how to find this address?

@Michaela G.  Thanks for the good laugh

How about.

-some girl lied to me about her age many years ago so I am a registered sex offender. Is this a problem?

*throws out buy and hold book and picks up J Scott's book on flipping*

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.