Chester Chu
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Newbie help contracts before I start

Chester Chu
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Feb 14 2015, 20:03

Hello BP.

I am a new guy to the scene and before I get started I would like to ask a couple of questions.

I wanted to get an offers sent out and if I have one accepted, will a generic purchase contract work ?

I actually have one drafted up by my attorney through the CAR if you guys are familiar with that, California Association of Realtors, it is 10 pages long and seems to be a major task to learn it all and all I really want to do is get some deals done. I will eventually learn it but right now I just want to take action, as I actually have bird dogs under me and sad to say but I can't even send out a contract. I understand the process of investing but was cautious about the contracts, and wanted to hear what the people who have gone before me think.

Do I really need to use this to get started ? I'm really just going to do wholesaling for now.

Can I just get a generic form and use it as long as it has the assignable contingencies and other basic "needed" language ?

Anyone with a "generic" form they are using and is actually working please show me.

I am in California, bay area.

Thank you

Loading replies...