I have an slow start and i would like to know how to deal without much money

2 Replies

Hi guys i am john. I am actually a military member part of the navy seabees. I bough a house couple years ago and did some simple renovations. Now the house is rented. I moved to virginia and adquired another house with a VA loan im been doing improvements on the house expecting to sell it after two years, which is the minimum living period that i have to spend in the house to be able to sell it. Right now i dont have cash to invest on other properties . I want to know how is possible to buy with not money. So i can keep moving faster.

Hello John,

Welcome to BP and thank you for your service!

To answer your question, there are a lot of creative ways to buy for little to no money, but those deals are tough to find and are going to require a lot of digging. VA loans are one way. I don't deal with a lot of VA loans in my area so I am not familiar with what the restrictions are, but I imagine you won't be able to get many concurrent VA loans. I have several family members who are agents in the Norfolk/Hampton Roads area whose business is primarily VA. They could be a good resource if you are interested. You could consider flipping a few houses until you have the capital to buy some rentals. Look for owner financing or lease options. Look into buying homes "subject to" (sub2). I'm sure you can find a list of a 1,001 ways to buy for no money down. Don't try to master them all, just pick one that works for you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here