Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11y
Dang those are some pretty large percentages. I guess we have to peel back the layers on this to see what is up. Have you seen the historical numbers on these states? Are these the top 10 regulars not counting GFC?
Dang those are some pretty large percentages. I guess we have to peel back the layers on this to see what is up. . . .
The article said Vermont was up only 12 foreclosures but the population is so small, that made a big swing in their numbers. Montana has one of the lowest foreclosure rates in the country, so again not a lot of foreclosures to make it look like a big change. MD on the other hand is the third highest foreclosure rate in the country.
Investor · Marysville, WA · Member since 2014 · 146 posts · 62 votes
11y
So many properties here are in a "Pre-Foreclosure" status, not being paid on and not being foreclosed on, it's INSANE! Some for YEARS!! I'm watching closely as the banks begin to release these back into the market....I'm sure it will have a big impact on pricing, inventory and statistics (of course) like these!
Investor · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2012 · 361 posts · 214 votes
11y
This is just more sensationalistic nonsense from RealtyTrac. I recently learned that RealtyTrac counts foreclosures when they are entered into THEIR database, not when the foreclosure actually took place. This makes their month to month comparisons nearly meaningless but makes for good headlines.
With the economy humming along nicely, I expect foreclosures to remain at a stable LOW level for the forseeable future.