Data Resource for Probate Sale "Court Overbid" opportunities in CA

4 Replies

Hi - 

I am starting to educate myself on the probate purchase process in California.  I know there is an opportunity to "overbid on a house" whose sale needs to be authorized by a judge.  

Does anyone have a suggestion for a website that aggregates probate hearing information?  

How do I find out what houses fall into this category and when their sale is heard in court?

Also, if anyone has reading recommendations for learning California Probate rules/laws/ processes, I have not had good luck on Amazon.  

Thanks in advance.

If by aggregating hearing info, you mean: probate confirmation sale results, then no, not that I'm aware of.

Unless something has changed, you need to be physically present in the courtroom at time of hearing with your written offer in hand. 

At least that's the way I understand it in CA.

Thanks Rick.  How do I know when to be in the courtroom?   How do you get upcoming sale information?

Thanks @Rick H.  .   What's the best way to get a list of probates that a court will review in upcoming sessions?

These aren't compiled as a list.

Each file has corresponding calendar notes entered online by court staff. 

You can follow each case file online and read the calendar notes for upcoming hearings. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.